- Hurtigruten expedition in cabin grade of your choice on a full-board basis
- Wind- and water- resistant jacket
- Landings with small boats and activities on board and ashore
- Professional English-speaking expedition team that gives lectures and accompnaies landings and activities
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary use of Muck Boot rubber boots
- Transfer from ship to airport in Ushuaia
- Economy-class flight from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional excursions and gratuities
On this adventure, there is no need to restrain your enthusiasm! This expedition includes all the highlights of the southern hemisphere.
From Urban Adventure to the Most Remote Place On Earth in a Few Days
First, enjoy big city life in Montevideo, before embarking on MS Midnatsol. After a day at sea, we arrive Puerto Madryn, gateway to the Valdez Peninsula, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its abundant wildlife. Here you can encounter some of the largest marine animals in their natural environment.
A different wilderness and cultural experience awaits on the Falklands. Sheep graze next to penguin colonies, while red English buses and cozy pubs dot the villages and towns.
We cross the Drake Passage to explore the most remote place on planet Earth. The Antarctic ice cap covers 98% of the continent and is the largest single mass of ice in the world. This is a wilderness teeming with life. Come ashore to meet the penguins in their noisy and crowded colonies.
Join the Expedition Team and explore the icy shores of Antarctica with landings to get a close look at penguins and seals, enjoy kayaking and visits to the most fascinating places. On board, interesting lectures, the science center, our Young Explorers Antarctica program, workshops and the photo and optics test center will take your exploration to a new and entertaining level.
We round off this adventure by spending two days crossing the Drake Passage to Ushuaia.
Departures: October 22, 2018.
Hurtigruten uses variable pricing and prices depend on cabin availability. As cabin availability decreases, prices increase. Contact us for current prices and special offers that may apply.