- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide)
- Fully escorted 6-day bus tour with an English speaking guide
- 7 nights accommodation in Iceland, in rooms with shower/wc
- 7x breakfast
- Visit to natural history & seal museum in Hvammstangi
- Visit to Viðimýri turf church
- Entrance with towel at Mývatn Nature Baths
- Admission to Petra’s Stone and Mineral Collection in the East Fjords
- Multimedia presentation at Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center
- Visit to Icelandic horse stables & geothermal greenhouse
- Use of snow & ice gripper spikes and a flash light for winter departures
- Flights to and from the US to Iceland
- Travel insurance
- Any services not specifically listed under"Included"
MEALS: 7x breakfast when tour is booked with accommodation. Pre-paid dinners are available at 4 country hotels used for this tour
Tourist-class accommodation, in rooms with shower/wc.
Reykjavik: Icelandair Hotel Natura or similar for first and last night.
North Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri or Keahotel Nordurland (1 night) and Hotel Sel-Mývatn at Lake Mývatn or a hotel in Húsavík area (1 night).
East Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Hérað in Egilsstaðir or Álfheimar Guesthouse in Borgarfjörður-Eystri (1 night).
Vatnajökull Region: Icelandair Hotel Kirkjubæjarklaustur or Hotel Höfn (1 night).
South Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Flúðir or Hotel Eyjafjallajökull or Hotel Fljótshlíð (1 night).
Note that hotel list is subject to change. Pre-paid dinners in 2017 are available at the 4 country hotels (see above).
NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the natural attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot when entering any of these natural sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at present and are subject to change.
DAILY DRIVING: Total mileage without airport transfer is 1.665 km (1.032 miles) which is an average of 278 km (172 miles) per day. You spend about 4 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days.
Guaranteed departures / Maximum group size: 30 persons.
The availability for this tour changes daily and is very limited. Please contact Nordika Travel for availability. The availability cannot be guaranteed until booking is confirmed in writing by Nordika Travel.
DEPARTURES 2018: Every Tuesday & Friday all year round
Send us a request for availability on the dates that suits you.
Departures in 2018.
Prices are valid for all departures from January to April 2018
Price per person in a Double/Twin/Triple room: $2,321
Price per person in a Single room: $2,789
Prices are valid for all departures in May and October 2018
Price per person in a Double/Twin/Triple room: $2,492
Price per person in a Single room: $3,250
Prices are valid for all departures June to September 2018
Price per person in a Double/Twin/Triple room: $3,136
Price per person in a Single room: 4,291
Note regarding pricing:
- Most double rooms in Iceland are actually twin bedded rooms. When travelling with a child, there is a possibility to add a little bed in the double room.
- Triple rooms not available for this tour
- Optional 3-course dinner package for 4 nights in the countryside is available at Myvatn, Egilsstaðir, Kirkjubæjarklaustur & Fluðir if booked in advance. Clients have the choice between a regular menu and a vegetarian menu, both including local products and the Icelandic touch of the chefs. Please note that these menus can change without notice depending on the time of the year and the everyday offer on ingredients
TOUR START: Arrival in Iceland is on Tuesdays or Fridays. Guided bus tour starts on Wednesdays or Saturdays at 09:00
END OF TOUR: The guided tour ends on Mondays or Thursdays between 16:00-18:00 for a last overnight in Reykjavík. Departure from Iceland is on Tuesdays or Fridays.