Included winter 2017-2018:
- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS (no guide)
- Fully escorted 6-day bus tour with an English speaking guide
- 7-nights accommodation in superior tourist-class hotels including breakfast
- 1x lunch (day 4)
- 3x 2-course dinner (day 2, 4, 5) and 3-course farewell-dinner at a Gourment restaurant (day 7)
- 5x midnight refreshments
- Entrance fee at Reykjanes folk & maritime museum
- Entrance with towel at Blue Lagoon
- Monster truck tour and Ice Cave exploration on Langjökull glacier
- 1 hour snowmobile tour during the day (2 persons sharing the snowmobile - if required snowmobile for solo use surcharge ISK 6.000 to be paid on spot)
- Glacier hike in South Iceland
- Admission to Kerið volcano crater
- Northern Lights boat tour (no refund if cancelled - but bus tour offered if weather conditions are suitable)
- Northern Lights program during 6 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating your photo camera at night
- Flights to and from Iceland
- Travel Insurance ( Ask us to give you a Free Quote )
ACCOMMODATION: Superior tourist-class hotels – in rooms with shower/wc. The following accommodations are used (subject to change):
Reykjavík: Icelandair Hotel Natura, first and last night
West Iceland: Icelandair Hotel Hamar (2 nights)
South Iceland: Hotel Gullfoss (1 night) and Icelandair Hotel Vik (2 nights)
Note that the hotel list is subject to change.
INFORMATION REGARDING DINNERS AND LUNCHES: In Reykjavik on arrival day the dinner is on your own. There are many restaurants for both fast food and a fine a la carte dining in Iceland's capital. In the countryside, a 2-course dinner is included on day 2, 4 and 6. Lunch is included on day 4. A 3-course farewell-dinner is included at a Gourmet restaurant (day 7). If you have any special diet requests or allergies, please let us know at the moment of your booking. Lunch stops are made at small country restaurants or petrol station diners.
NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
NORTHERN LIGHTS: This program includes during 6 evenings a combination of presentations, lectures, film and guided searches at spots that are likely to offer a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights. All countryside accommodation in this program offer a Northern Lights wake up call for guests that register for that special service at the reception. The tour is dependent on weather and therefore Northern Lights sightings are not guaranteed. The Northern Lights are in the northern hemisphere from September through April but are only visible when the sky is clear and free of clouds. Like many natural wonders, the Northern Lights are ephemeral – they may be visible, they may appear for a bit and then be gone (it is not a TV show that you can just turn on and off). But it is worth the patience which is much required. Because they are a winter event, you need to be prepared to wait outside while looking for them. It is best to dress very warmly, in layers, with good footwear, gloves, hats and whatever else will make you comfortable while you patiently await this truly outstanding light show. For the best photos we recommend using a tripod.
DAILY DRIVING: Total mileage without airport transfer is about 1.400 km (868 miles) which is an average of 234 km (145 miles) per day. You spend about 3,5 hours per day on the bus, depending on road conditions, traffic, and daily distances. On some days the driving might be longer than on some other days.
CHANGE OF PROGRAM: Itineraries may be subject to change at short notice during severe weather conditions and certain outdoor activities/day trips may be cancelled during the winter season in Iceland. In these rare cases, where situations of force nature apply, excursions/activities cannot be refunded but the local guides will try their best to find reasonable alternatives where and whenever possible.