- Arrival & departure airport transfer by FLYBUS Plus shuttle (no guide)
- Fully escorted 6-day bus tour with an English-speaking guide
- Domestic flight Reykjavík-Akureyri including airport taxes and airport transfer in Reykjavík
- 7-nights accommodation, in rooms with private shower/wc, and including breakfast
- 5x 2-course dinner and 5x midnight refreshment on day 2-6
- 1x light lunch and coffee & cake en route on day 3
- Entrance with towel at Mývatn Nature Baths
- Visit to bird museum at lake Mývatn
- Shark meat, dried fish and Brennivín schnapps tasting on day 4
- Meet the locals: entrance and tour at Maritime Museum and Randulf’s sea-house in Eskifjörður
- Visit to Petra’s stone & crystal collection
- Meet the locals: evening with the Northern Lights photographer Jónína Guðrún Óskarsdóttir
- Visit to a multi media presentation at Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Information Center
- Northern Lights program during 5 evenings with a combination of lectures, presentations, film and guided searches for the Northern Lights
- Use of winter & Northern Lights explorer equipment: simple non-slip snow & ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark
and operating your photo camera at night
Flights to and from Iceland
Travel Insurance ( Ask us for a Free Quote )
ACCOMMODATION A combination of simple and comfort tourist-class hotels, in rooms with shower/wc
Note that no triple rooms are available on this tours and that most double rooms in Iceland are actually twin bedded rooms.
Note that the hotel list is subject to change.
INFORMATION REGARDING DINNER AND LUNCHES: In Reykjavik, the dinner is on your own. There are many restaurants for both fast food and a fine a la carte dining in Iceland's capital. In the countryside hotels, a 2-course dinner is included. If you have any special diet requests or allergies, please let us know at the moment of your booking. For lunch the group stops at small country restaurants, road side shops or petrol station diners on route.
NATURE FEES: There is a possibility that some of the nature attractions around Iceland might charge an entrance fee during the trip. These entrance fees are not included in the tour price and need to be paid by all tour members additionally on the spot, when entering any of these nature sites. Locations, amount of entrance fee, form of payment and other details are not known at the present time and are subject to change.
NORTHERN LIGHTS: This program includes during 5 evenings a combination of presentations, lectures, film and guided tours at spots that are likely to offer a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights. All countryside hotels in this program offer a Northern Lights wake up call for guests that register for that special service at the hotel reception. At some of the hotels this service is only offered until 02:00 or 03:00 in the morning. This tour series is designed to spend 5 evenings in the countryside to maximize the chances of seeing the elusive Northern Lights, still the tour is dependent on weather and therefore sightings are not guaranteed. The Northern Lights are in the northern hemisphere from September through April but are only visible when the sky is clear and free of clouds. Like many of natural wonders, the Northern Lights are ephemeral – they may be visible, they may appear for a bit and then be gone (it is not a TV show that you can just turn on and off). But it is worth the patience which is much required. Because they are a winter event, you need to be prepared to wait outside while looking for them. It is best to dress very warmly, in layers, with good footwear, gloves, hats and whatever else will make you comfortable while you await patiently this truly outstanding light show. For the best photos we recommend using a tripod.
NOTE: In rare cases, a change of itinerary might be necessary during winter programs in Iceland, should snow, road and weather conditions not allow following the scheduled itinerary, and certain outdoor activities might be cancelled. In this case no refund will be given, but we will try to find reasonable alternatives where and whenever possible.